Your Organization Within the Community Context
This is a 500–750 word narrative paper supported with reputable sources that describe the human services organization you work for, or would like to work for as a human services leader, in the community identified in the assignment in Unit 2.
While you understand your role and function within the agency, a human services leader needs to extend that context of practice to understanding the organization within the community. The organization was started and continues to serve the community for a reason. The paper explores the reason and the relation of the organization and the community over time.
As you gather the content for this paper, consider these questions:
- How does the organization fit into the community?
- What is its mission and services?
- How does it fit into the network of services?
- What is its history with the community and specific groups?
- How does it involve the community in decisions—board, advisory council, other?
- What types of outreach does it do?
- What is available on its Web site?
Note: Integrate these ideas into a cohesive narrative. Refrain from answering the questions like a take-home exam.