: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
At the community mental health center you are assigned to counsel an adult client who has Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent with psychotic features as well as Borderline Personality Disorder. She is a 55-year-old who also has addiction issues. She is beginning to lash out at her family because she feels abandoned by them. She stopped taking her prescribed psychotropic medications a year ago. This has triggered her utilization of drugs and alcohol. She is becoming increasingly depressed, isolated, sleeps 14 hours per day, and overeats the rest of the day. She tells you that she has stopped all socializing and needs to get back into life again so that she can cope with her mental illness and work through her abandonment issues. She is willing to attend whatever groups you think will help her.
You will take this case to your next team meeting to discuss with your colleagues before presenting the information to the client. Be sure to include the following in your discussion:
• Provide 2 goals for the client. • Identify 2-3 objectives per goal. • Present at least 2 types of group therapy you could use to assist this client effectively, and explain how you would utilize the chosen groups. • Identify one potential benefit and one potential drawback of each of the type of therapy selected.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-200 word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
When responding to other postings pick a different position than the person you are engaging in the discussion as if you were in a team meeting discussing this case. You might take the position of a Psychiatrist, Psychologist Supervisor, Nurse, or Counselor, but look for constructive feedback for you classmates’ position. Think of 2 positive statements you could make regarding the case and 2 challenging statements you might make to brainstorm this case
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”