To prepare for this assignment, locate scholarly articles on Milgram’s studies on obedience to authority and Zimbardo’s Stanford Prison experiment on the power of social roles. You may use the articles from the Unit 6 readings; however, you must also use at least two resources that are not a part of this course. These two pivotal studies provide the basis for this assignment.
After completing your research, examine the controversy related to research and ethics in the field of social psychology. Consider the information you located on Milgram’s studies on obedience to authority and Zimbardo’s Stanford Prison experiment on the power of social roles. Write a paper in which you address the following:
· Describe what these studies revealed about conformity and obedience to authority.
· Explain the benefits from these research studies. What knowledge or insight was gained?
· Describe the impact of the studies in terms of the effects on the human participants.
· Explain how these (and other) controversial research studies have shaped the principles and standards in the current APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Ethics.
· Develop evidence-based arguments both for and against these types of controversial research studies.
· Determine whether the information that was obtained in the studies was worth the risks to the human subjects. Explain and support your position.
· Your submitted assignment should be 4–5 pages in length, excluding title page and reference page
· Use references from at least three scholarly resources.
· Be sure to follow APA (6th edition) guidelines for format and style.
· Include a title page and reference page.
· Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
· Double-space your paper.
· You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool. Refer to the instructions on the Turnitin iGuide page, linked in the Resources. You do not need to submit the Turnitin report with your assignment.