Theoretical Framework and Application 2
Theoretical Framework and Application 2
You will select one theory of psychotherapy studied in Units 5–9 (one of the pragmatic approaches—such as cognitive, CBT, and REBT—feminist, multicultural, family systems, or a postmodern approach) to describe, analyze, and then apply the theory to the case study of Rona, which now includes additional information based on her initial sessions with you. You may also choose one primary theory and integrate concepts from one other theory. The areas you should focus on when analyzing the theory are listed below. This APA-style paper should be 6–8 pages (excluding references and title page), so select the information carefully, using the most relevant and applicable.
- Brief description of the theory’s origin (background, how was it developed, who created it) and basic philosophies (its view of human nature, theory of change, view of psychopathology, the role of the counselor).
- How this theory aligns with your own philosophy, values, and views of the therapeutic process.
- An evaluation of the research evidence supporting this theory, with an example of a current study.
- The appropriateness of this theory for diverse populations.
- Goals you will work on with Rona (make sure the goals align with the chosen therapeutic approach).
- Interventions and techniques you will use with Rona, based on your theoretically established goals. Be very specific. Assume that you will have up to three sessions with her.
- Cultural considerations you will keep in mind while using this therapeutic approach with Rona.
- Strengths and limitations of using this theory with Rona.
- References: You must have a minimum of 5 scholarly resources. All references must be from peer-reviewed academic journals, and should be no more than 10 years old. The optional readings for each unit will help you begin your research. You may cite the course textbook and other textbooks, but your papers should draw primarily upon scholarly resources. You must use proper APA style to list your references. Refer to the Capella Online Writing Center’s APA Style and Formatting module for more information.
- Length of paper: The body of the paper must be 6–8 pages, not including the reference lists, abstract, or the title page.
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the project and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
- Formatting: Use APA (6th edition) formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one inch margins all around, and no bullets. Refer to the APA Style and Formatting module for more information.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, first submit to the draft link to check your work for any necessary edits. Once the paper is finalized and all edits have been made, submit your final paper to the Final report option for the assignment. Please be advised it can take up to a day to obtain the percentage from Turnitin. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to the Turnitin.com Tutorial: Viewing an Originality Report (linked in the assignment Resources) for guidance.
- Submit your assignment using the following file naming format: Your Name_AssignmentNumber_Assignment Title (example: Ima_Learner_u04a1_TheoreticalFramework).
- In the comment section, provide the percentage from the final Turnitin report (example: Final turnitin percentage = 4%). Please be prepared to provide your faculty member with a copy of the Turnitin report should this be requested of you.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Theoretical Framework and Application 2 Scoring Guide.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
- APA Style and Format.
- Turnitin Tutorial: Viewing an Originality Report.
- The Case of Rona, Part 2.
- What Are Peer-Reviewed Articles and How Do I Find Them?.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!