ssignment 1: Keys to Effective Teamwork
It’s essential to understand teamwork, given its common use in the business world. Selecting the correct type of team for any given situation, selecting the right team members, and understanding the factors needed for the team’s effectiveness are all key to successful teamwork.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, the readings for this module, and the Internet, research factors contributing to effective teamwork and respond to the following:
- Create a scenario (provide the type of organization and a complete description of the task) that would be an ideal situation to employ each of the four most common types of teams: project teams, cross-functional teams, virtual teams, and self-managed teams.
- Explain why each team type is an appropriate match to its scenario.
- For each of the four team types or scenarios, discuss the team composition, size, team members’ abilities, level of diversity, and the needed personal attributes.
- Discuss other factors that might also affect a team’s effectiveness.
Write your initial response in approximately 400–500 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use scholarly references to support your work.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.