Research ADHD disorder within the realm of Abnormal Psychology. The length of the body of the paper must be at least 7 pages, and must not exceed 10 pages of summarized research findings in current APA format. All sources used must be scholarly journals. In addition to this, include a current APA-style title page, abstract, and references; these do not count toward the minimum number of pages required. The paper must be organized with sub-headings reflecting the required sections (I–IX).
The research paper will address the following aspects, organized in this order:
* Title Page: APA-style
* Abstract: APA-style
I. Introduction: Introduce and describe the topic. Discuss the DSM classification for the disorder, including a discussion of the specific criteria as described in the DSM (1/2 page).
II. Historical: Describe the disorder in a historical context (how the view of disorder has changed over time, how cause/treatment options have changed, etc). (1 page).
III. Cause of the Illness: Current research as to the cause of the illness (1 page).
IV. Treatment: Various treatment approaches for this disorder, including the benefits of the treatment (1 page).
V. Prevention: Research as to the prevention of the illness (1 page).
VI. Cross Cultural: Cross-cultural issues pertaining to the topic (1 page).
VII. Biblical Worldview: Discuss the topic from a Christian worldview perspective, including disorder’s cause, treatment, and prevention. Utilize the Bible and a journal source written from a biblical/theological perspective on the topic (1 page).
VIII. Conclusion: Include a closing summary of the research, including ideas for future research on the topic (1/2 page).
IX. References: APA-style. See also References Grading Rubric and instructions.
* Organize the paper according to directions. Include current APA-style Level 1 sub-titles. Do not use Roman numerals.
* The use of 3rd person point of view is expected for this type of scholarly research assignment.
* Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation is expected in writing at this level.
* Include not more than ½ page of directly quoted material. Directly quoted material in excess of ½ page would not count towards length/content requirements of the paper.
* Current APA formatting is required.
* Course textbook is not permitted as a source.
* All sources must be journal articles these are attached which are dated within the past 10 years