Reflection enables the practitioner to evaluate, understand, and grow personally
Reflection enables the practitioner to evaluate, understand, and grow personally and professionally through experiences. Becoming a reflective practitioner is a process that usually results in some change for the individual.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Read McClure’s “Reflection on Practice.”
- Use the TAP 21 to complete the Reflective Practitioner Worksheet.
Write a 500-750-word paper describing how reflecting on practice relates to professional growth as a counselor. Include the following in your paper:
- Describe the concept of “Reflection on Practice.”
- Explain the role that reflecting on practice plays in improving your skills as a counselor.
- Describe how the professional development strategies that you created for each competency relate to reflecting on practice and professional growth.
For this assignment, you must submit your essay and the Reflective Practitioner Worksheet as one deliverable.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!