Quantitative: Non-Experimental Approach
For the non-experimental, quantitative research article you selected in this unit’s studies, in the Library Search section, answer the following:
- Describe the constructs and variables under investigation.
- Describe the instrument or instruments used in the research. Include a discussion of the concepts of construct validity and reliability.
- Identify the statistical tests used to analyze the data and discuss the implications of the results with regard to interpretation of non-experimental data.
- Evaluate the scientific merit of the selected design. Did a correlational design allow the researchers to answer the research question or questions? How might you have designed this study differently?
- Post the persistent link for the article in your response. Refer to the Persistent Links and DOIs guide, linked in Resources, to learn how to locate this information in the library databases.
- Cite all sources in APA style and provide an APA-formatted reference list at the end of your post.
After reviewing the discussion postings, respond to one of your peers. For your response:
- Follow the persistent link to the article being discussed.
- Using the language of research, explain how you agree or disagree with one peer’s evaluation, offering your own suggestions for improving the research design.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Persistent Links and DOIs.