Qualitative Research Design
For the qualitative article you selected in this unit’s studies, in the Library Search section, address the following:
- Describe the characteristics of the research that provide evidence that either an ethnographic or case study approach was used.
- Identify the key phenomena under investigation.
- Describe the data collection process, including the role of the researcher.
- Describe the qualitative approach to analyzing the data in this study.
- Evaluate the scientific merit of the selected approach. How did the approach used, either ethnographic or case study, help the researcher answer the research question? How might you have designed this study differently?
- Post the persistent link for the article in your response. Refer to the Persistent Links and DOIs guide, linked in Resources, to learn how to locate this information in the library databases.
- Cite all sources in APA style and provide an APA-formatted reference list at the end of your post.
After reviewing the discussion postings, choose one peer to respond to. For your response:
- Follow the persistent link to the article being discussed.
- Using the language of research, explain how you agree or disagree with your peer’s evaluation, offering your own suggestions for improving the research design.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Persistent Links and DOIs.
- Scientific Merit | Transcript.