Project: Clinically Diagnosing a Psychosocial Problem
The sign of an excellent clinician is the ability to identify one or two criteria that distinguishes the diagnoses from any other possibility. An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it can help. This week, using the DSM-5 (and ICD-10-CM), you assess a fictional character that is presenting certain psychosocial problems and determine if he/she meets the criteria for a clinical diagnosis. This is a culmination of learning from all the weeks covered so far.
For this Assignment:
· Choose a fictional character (e.g., from a book, movie, TV show) that presents with a psychosocial problem (e.g., depression, relationship problems, incarceration).
o Note: Some film suggestions for fictional characters are: White Oleander; Girl, Interrupted; Little Miss Sunshine; or Antwone Fisher.
· Determine a clinical, formal diagnosis for this character using the criteria of the DSM-5
· Then choose three words that best describe the diagnosis. These three words should distinguish this diagnosis from any other diagnosis.
· Create a 2-3 page transcript presenting the following:
o A brief description of the fictional character and story
o A description of the presenting problem of the fictional character
o Your full clinical diagnosis using the DSM-5; consider the criteria supporting your diagnosis, the severity and specifiers (if appropriate) and Z Codes.
o Include the rationale behind choosing the three words to best describe the diagnosis. The three words you have chosen for your diagnosis should also fit this individual’s mental disorder.
As an astute social worker and professional policy advocate, once you have selected and identified a social problem, you begin the process of creating and implementing a policy that addresses that social problem. One of the first things you do in the implementation process is an analysis of the social policy you identified. There is always the possibility that the policy created and implemented to address the social problem you identified is not viable for a variety of reasons. In this case, you must explore a policy alternative.
In Part 4 of your ongoing Wiki assignment, your group identifies a policy alternative (Drug Free Communities) to the social problem you identified (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA).
Complete Part 4 of your Wiki.
Address the following items within your group’s Wiki page for Part 4:
· Does the policy alternative meet the policy goals (e.g., social equality, redistribution of resources, social work values, and ethics)?
· What are the forces that are for/against the policy?
· What policy advocacy skills can be used to support the policy alternative?
References (2 or more)
***Needs to be 1 ½ pages***
“)96% of our customers have reported a 90% and above score. You might want to place an order with us.”