Make sure the quantitative article that you selected in Unit 1 will allow you to thoroughly address all of the points required for this discussion. Using the information from this week’s readings, complete the following:
- Identify the instrument or instruments used to quantify the data, the level of measurement for each instrument, and the statistics used to analyze the data.
- Identify and describe the constructs, variables, and operational definitions included in the research. Do not just list terms. Include a description of how the researcher defined these.
- Describe the cognitive tool used to interpret the data. Possibilities include deductive logic, inductive reasoning, scientific method, or critical thinking.
- Discuss the usefulness of the operational definitions for the constructs in this study. How could they have been defined differently? Were the operational definitions sufficient to allow the researcher to answer the research question? Make sure to justify your answer.
- Explain the importance of operational definitions to scientific merit.
- List the persistent link for the article in your response. Refer to the Persistent Links and DOIs guide, linked in Resources, to learn how to locate this information in the library databases.
- Cite all sources in APA style and provide an APA-formatted reference list at the end of your post.
After reviewing the discussion postings, choose one peer to respond to. For your response:
- Follow the persistent link to the article being discussed.
- Using the language of research, explain how you agree or disagree with your peer’s evaluation, offering your own suggestions for improving the research design.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Persistent Links and DOIs.