Have you ever behaved in a way that went against a belief or value that you have?
Have you ever behaved in a way that went against a belief or value that you have? Why did this happen? What influenced your behavior in that moment? When we understand our own reasons for going against our beliefs or values, we are better able to understand how this may happen with offenders. This assignment asks you to apply attribution theory and cognitive dissonance theory to a situation in which this type of behavior may occur with offenders, and how that may influence their rehabilitative process.
Create a brief case scenario of a situation in which an offender made a decision to engage in a behavior that violated his or her values, beliefs, attitudes, or morals.
Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you analyze your case scenario. Include the following:
- Describe the situation and the individual’s behavior in the case scenario.
- Analyze the possible explanations for the individual’s behavior using attribution theory.
- Describe the relationship between behavior and attitudes in this situation.
- Explain how cognitive dissonance theory applies to this situation, and how it may influence recidivism.
- Describe how this offender’s attitude and behavior may influence the efficacy of the support services delivered.
Include at least three references.
Include detailed speaker notes for each slide.
Format any citations in your presentation according to APA guidelines.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!