For your course project, you will deconstruct a published research study
For your course project, you will deconstruct a published research study of your choosing in order to demonstrate your understanding of the elements of research methods and good research design. You will be working with this study throughout the remainder of the course, so choose a research study from the academic literature in your field on either a topic of interest to you or a topic on which you might be interested in doing further research.
Choose a study that is either quantitative or qualitative. The study should meet the following criteria:
- It does not use mixed methodology.
- It is a primary research study. Studies detailing meta-analyses, theoretical proposals, or opinion papers are not appropriate for this project.
- It must report on original research conducted using human participants.
- It must be reported in an article that is part of the research literature of your field.
- It must have been published in the last 5–7 years.
Based on your assignment, your instructor will determine if the study you selected is appropriate for use in the remaining assignments in the course.
You are required to provide the following to complete this assignment:
- The article reference in APA format.
- The persistent link to the article.
- A short paragraph explaining your reasons for indicating the study is part of the research literature of your field.
- A short paragraph explaining your reasons for identifying the research as qualitative or quantitative.
Compose your assignment in a Microsoft Word document. Submit your file in the assignment area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!