For this task, complete the readings for this assignment, and then write a paper in which you complete the following:
- Write an introduction that examines the construct, its conceptual definition/s, and related concepts.
- Review the literature and the existing tools that measure the construct.
- Provide justification for your original scale.
- Discuss how you intend to construct the items, cognizant of the basic principles of item pool construction, the necessity of SMEs, the unidimensionality or multidimensionality of the construct, etc.
- Write at least 20 sample items that represent the construct you are planning to measure. You may construct negatively-worded items, but indicate these in a chart or table. If the construct you choose has two or more dimensions under it, write sample items indicating which items fall under which dimension. (See for example, the Life Position Scale that contained four dimensions I’m OK etc. at first, but after factor analysis the dimensions reduced to two—I and You.) These are attached to the assignment
- Argue for a specific method of running an item analysis procedure.
- Argue for at least two specific methods of establishing your scale’s validity (Choose at least one method for construct validity, and another method for criterion-related validity. In criterion validation, it is not enough to simply write that you are planning to employ the method. Be sure to specify the variable(s) you will correlate your scale with.
Length: 10-15 pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.