essay topic: Anselm of Canterbury
1. Write a biography of your topic. Write everything important that you can find about them. Include your topic’s full / real name, approximate date of birth, approximate date of death, and place of origin / study. [1-page minimum, 1 source min]
2. Write about your topic’s philosophy. Include the branch of philosophy that they belong to (for each essay, I will require that you restrict your research to a specific branch / specific branches). Include the main ideas of their philosophies and doctrines. Include their most famous publication (if any) as well as any ideas that are particularly famous. [1-page min, 1 source min]
3. Write about an opposition to your topic specifically. Do not just write about an opposition to your topic’s branch. Find someone or some idea that specifically opposes your topic. Who did they argue with most often? Did they have a rival? Include who/what the opposition is as well as the main ideas of their philosophies that opposes your topic. If you cannot find an opposition, email me (or text me). I might give you a new topic or I’ll give you a hint if I know of an opposition. [1-page min, 1 source min]
4. Make sure to include the bibliography on a separate final page. Remember to use only reliable sources. No .com or .org websites, no Wikipedia, and no random videos.
5. Make sure to include a title, preferably your topic