Emotions can be powerful motivators. Advertisers know this and appeal to our emotions—especially fear—in advertising messages as a tactic to motivate their target audience into behaving in a certain way.
For this assignment, find and view three types of advertising messages:
· Political advertising.
· Public health advertising.
· Commercial advertising.
Try to view more than one example of each type of advertising. Make notes about the overall message and tone. To make this activity more time efficient, you may consider watching ads on YouTube. Search for the type of ad, and then use the filter to narrow your results. For example, you can narrow the political ads results by filtering for ads from this year.
In addition, use the Capella library to look for research articles that examine how advertising appeals to our emotions, particularly our fears.
After watching the ads and conducting research, complete the following:
· Describe the overall tone of each type of ad. What emotion is the ad trying to arouse?
· Describe the behavior the ad is seeking to encourage.
· Apply one theory or concept to explain why appealing to emotions such as fear can be highly effective.
· Explain the social conditions that foster fearfulness.
· Explain how individual perceptions and experiences perpetuate fearfulness.
· Your completed assignment should be 3–4 pages in length, excluding title page and reference page.
· Use references from at least two scholarly resources.
· Be sure to follow APA guidelines for format and style.
· Include a title page and reference page.
· Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
· Double-space your paper.
· You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool. You are not required to submit the report with your assignment.
“)96% of our customers have reported a 90% and above score. You might want to place an order with us.”