- Choose one of the pieces from this unit’s listening.
- Pick one that stands out to you and briefly (1-2 sentences) explain why this particular piece “caught your ear.”
- What are the piece’s unique characteristics? BE SPECIFIC and use your textbook as your reference! This should be the main part of your mini-essay. This is not opinion – these are facts that you have researched.
- Cite your sources (Links to an external site.) – including your textbook. Points deducted for not citing references. You may use MLA format. (Links to an external site.)
- Response should be one-two paragraphs. Use full sentences, no abbreviations, and check your spelling for full credit.
Gregorian Chant (Links to an external site.)
Example of Gregorian Chant, a type of plainsong.
Listening Guide 2, p. 67 in your textbook.
Hildegard von Bingen, composer
Alleluia, O virga mediatrix, the music hear here, is an example of Medieval plainchant.
Composed in the late 12th Century.
Josquin Desprez: Ave Maria (Motet) (Links to an external site.)
Listening Guide 5, p.80 in your textbook.
Josquin Des Prez, composer
Ave maria, motet from late 15th century.
Listening Guide 6, p. 85 in your textbook.
“Pope Marcellus” Mass: Gloria
Example of a Renaissance Mass. Setting of the Gloria. Published 1567.
Sumer is Icumen in (sung by The Hilliard Ensemble) (Links to an external site.)
Traditional English medieval round.
John Farmer: Fair Phyllis I saw sitting all alone (Links to an external site.)
Listening Guide 4, p. 75 in your textbook.
Example of a Renaissance madrigal by John Farmer from 1599.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post discussion response 3 mid ages amp ren appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.