The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a personality inventory that was developed by Isabel Briggs Meyers and her mother Katharine Cook Briggs. It is based on the work of C.G. Jung regarding psychological types. Jung was a Swiss psychiatrist who wrote a book called Psychological Types which tries to understand individual differences among people.
The MBTI is currently the most widely used instrument for understanding normal personality differences. It is used for a variety of purposes:
- Career development and exploration
- Organizational development
- Team building
- Relationship counseling
- Education and curriculum development
- Diversity training
Keep in mind the following quote:
We All Have Special Gifts
There are no “good” or “bad” types. All types contribute special gifts to the world. Knowing your type can help you understand and develop both your most and least preferred functions, as well as help you understand and work with other people.
– “The Myers-Briggs Personality Types According to Craig” 6/14/04
For this discussion, complete the following.
- Take the Jung Typology Test, a personality inventory that is similar to the MBTI and based on the work of C.G. Jung. Go to and complete the inventory. This should take you about 20 minutes.
- Post your Jung Typology Test results in the Discussion Forum.
- Were you surprised by the results? Did they accurately describe how you react to the environment around you?
- As you respond to your classmates, note the differences or similarities. How would you work with your staff in a workplace setting to overcome the differences or encourage the similarities?
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”