Dependability and Credibility in Qualitative Research
Using the qualitative article that you previously selected, post the following information:
- Describe the type of data collected in the study and how it was collected.
- Discuss how the researchers established the dependability, or reliability, of the data.
- Discuss how the researchers established the credibility, or validity, of the data. Use the information from the qualitative validity article assigned in this unit’s studies, linked in Resources. Discuss how the credibility and dependability of the research contribute to the scientific merit of the research.
- Post the persistent link for the article in your response. Refer to the Persistent Links and DOIs guide, linked in Resources, to learn how to locate this information in the library databases
- Cite all sources in APA style and provide an APA-formatted reference list at the end of your post.
After reviewing the discussion postings, choose one peer to respond to. For your response:
- Follow the persistent link to the article being discussed.
- Using the language of research, explain how you agree or disagree with your peer’s evaluation, offering your own suggestions for improving the research design.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Persistent Links and DOIs.
- Validity and Qualitative Research: An Oxymoron?