Cultural Perspectives Draft
Cultural Perspectives Draft
The goal of this assignment is to integrate cultural nuances, expectations, and perspectives into a draft of your final paper. You will present a current diversity-related situation or dilemma; compare and contrast the cultures involved in the situation; and provide a historical perspective and analyze the contributing factors to the current state of the situation. You will then interpret the effects of the situation on the cultures involved, provide evidence in favor of and opposed to each side of the situation. Finally, you will assess your beliefs and perspectives regarding the situation or dilemma and identify strategies for building inclusion by synthesizing the varying perspectives.
This assignment will build upon your accumulated learning from the course and your written assignments from Weeks 3 and 4. Based on your identified situation or cultural dilemma (from your Week 4 written assignment), determine a personal position regarding the topic. Then write a 2800-3500 word paper that:
- Identifies and presents your own attitudes, beliefs, cultural norms, stereotypes, or biases that you may have, or had in the past, regarding the topic.
- Presents at least one argument supporting the perspective of each cultural group involved with the topic.
- Considers how the situation or dilemma may be addressed moving forward with a mutually beneficial outcome.
This written assignment will include:
- An identified diversity situation or cultural dilemma prevalent in today’s society that involves more than one cultural group. (Week 3 written assignment)
- A comparison of the different cultural groups involved. (Week 4 written assignment)
- Personal position regarding the topic. (Week 5 written assignment)
This written assignment should be double-spaced, and include a title page and references page. Additionally, utilize 5 to 7 resources, including resources provided throughout the course, to support your arguments. Make sure to gather evidence and present persuasive, well-reasoned arguments regarding your topic, and consider all perspectives and opinions.
Submit a draft of your paper to the Writing Center for Paper Review Links to an external site.by Week 5, Day 3. Once you have received the feedback from the tutor, revise your writing based on the feedback you received and submit your final copy to Waypoint using the link below.
Your Week 3 written assignment should identify a diversity situation or cultural dilemma that is prevalent in today’s society that involves more than one cultural group. Additionally, your paper should:
- Identify the selected diversity situation or cultural dilemma.
- Provide an analysis of the topic, including an historical perspective and the current day situation.
- Explain why this is a topic of interest in general, and to you in particular.
Your Week 4 written assignment should have included the requirements of the Week 3 paper and then continued on to compare and contrast the different cultural groups involved the situation or dilemma. Additionally, the Week 4 paper should address the:
- stereotypes and biases associated with each of the cultural groups
- privileges and power associated with each of the cultural groups
This Week 5 paper should include all the requirements of the Weeks 3 and 4 papers and also:
- Identify and present your own attitudes, beliefs, cultural norms, stereotypes, or biases that you may have, or had in the past, regarding the topic.
- Present at least one argument supporting the perspective of each cultural group involved with the topic.
- Consider how the situation or dilemma may be addressed moving forward with a mutually beneficial outcome.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!