Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with detailed speaker’s notes about the role of music.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Compare works that exhibit nationalist and exotic characteristics from the 19th century.
- How does the music create its specific cultural identity?
- What political implications might the composer have intended with this work?
- Discuss how 19th-century composers used folk music.
- Why would composers incorporate folk music into their symphonies, symphonic poems, or other concert works?
- How does fold music aid in the development of popular music?
- Discuss the development of opera and how opera becomes identified with specific European cultures in the 19th century.
- What sorts of plots and dramatic styles were preferred in France, Germany, and Italy?
- Compare the way Wagner and Verdi’s music help create a political statement. What reactions did their music get in their day to support your claim?
- Select a work from the 20th century that makes a political statement. How does this, and earlier selected pieces convey a story in the music?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.