Assignment 2: RA 1: Fieldwork Observation Task
In this module, conduct your first fieldwork on observations and interactions with forensic psychology professionals. Your interaction with these professionals can be face-to-face, as with a tour of a facility or an interview, or it can occur over the phone when face-to-face meetings are not practical. If you are unable to complete a face-to-face meeting, then follow up with your instructor.
- Create a fieldwork report of your observations and interactions, including the following:
- Name of the professional
- The professional’s affiliation and agency’s affiliation
- Degrees and licensure
- Type of training in forensic psychology (if applicable)
- Primary job responsibilities
- Client population served
- Any ethical conflicts the professional routinely encounters
- Recommendations to a graduate student in forensic psychology
- Other observations as deemed appropriate
- Reflection on what you learned from the fieldwork experience and how you can apply it in your professional life
Write your report in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document.
Follow APA guidelines for writing and citing in-text references. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Your report should rely upon at least two sources from additional professional literature; the sources must be cited in APA format. The literature may include relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
- By the due date assigned, save your report as M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit it to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Summarized the following details of the professional:
- His or her affiliation and agency’s affiliation
- Earned degrees
Described the professional’s training in forensic psychology and discussed it in relation to the individual’s primary job responsibilities and client population served.
Elicited and described any ethical conflicts the professional routinely encounters and assessed how the professional resolves these conflicts.
Elicited and described the professional’s recommendations to a graduate student in forensic psychology.
Elicited and provided other observations relevant to the practice of psychology.
Described what was learned from the fieldwork experience and reflected on how it can be applied to the professional’s life.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
8 Total: 200