Assignment 1: LASA Draft Critiques
Assignment 1: LASA Draft Critiques
In this assignment, you will upload your LASA portfolio project for your peers to review. You will also be asked to review your peers’ presentations and provide useful, constructive feedback to help them polish their final LASA portfolio project.
Develop a 15- to 20-slide presentation in a professional, Microsoft PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citations and references of sources.
Review your peers’ presentations and provide constructive feedback regarding their plan, presentation, and professional development.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, identify the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have. Consider the following in your response:
- A question to your peer
- An observation about the content of your peer’s response
- Comment on an idea or concept
- An experience or insight gained from reading the peer’s response
Assignment 2: LASA: I/O Work-Sample and Organizational Intervention Portfolio Presentation
Description of LASA:
In this assignment, you will create a portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge, skills, and abilities gained in the Master of Arts: Industrial Organizational Psychology (MAIO) program.
The purpose of this assignment is to give you the opportunity to create a portfolio of your course assignments that showcases the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) that you have gained and honed throughout the MAIO program. Further, you will demonstrate that you are able to apply your KSAs professionally and appropriately in the workplace.
To facilitate this purpose, you are to identify a workplace problem with which you are familiar, perhaps drawing upon experiences from your current, or previous, places of employment. Make sure that the problem is broadly defined because you will likely be approaching this problem from multiple I/O perspectives. The vignette scenarios that have been used throughout this capstone course are good examples of the type of workplace scenario you are being asked to provide.
Next, you will choose three past assignments (LASA or course project assignments) that you have completed during the course of your MAIO program. Choose these three assignments based on their relevance for addressing the workplace problem scenario you will be describing in this assignment. Drawing upon these three past assignments, you will create an individual poster presentation for each one that illustrates your competence in the three course content areas that you have chosen. You should be prepared to provide a rationale for why the three course content areas you have highlighted in your posters are relevant for addressing the workplace problem scenario that you have chosen.
Lastly, you will create a multimedia presentation in which you will describe your workplace problem scenario, your professional I/O diagnosis, your detailed intervention plan, and your plan to measure the impact of your intervention.
Your posters and your multimedia presentation will be delivered as one audio-enabled Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
There are several resources available for creating a visual poster display. You may want to review some of them to help you design your three posters. While not an exhaustive list, two such videos that illustrate using Microsoft PowerPoint to create posters are listed below.
- Identify and Describe a Workplace Problem
Identify and describe a workplace problem with which you are familiar, perhaps drawing upon experiences from your current or previous places of employment. Make sure that the problem is broadly defined because you will likely be approaching this problem from multiple I/O perspectives. The vignette scenarios that have been used throughout this course are good examples of the type of workplace scenario you are being asked to provide.
- Identify Three Past Assignments to Convert into Work-Sample Poster Presentations
Review your submitted LASA assignments and/or final course projects from the courses you have taken in the MAIO program.
Choose these three assignments based on their relevance for addressing the workplace problem scenario you will be describing in this assignment. Drawing upon these three past assignments, you will create an individual poster presentation for each one that illustrates your competence in the three course content areas that you have chosen. Provide a rationale for why the three course content areas you have highlighted in your posters are relevant for addressing the workplace problem scenario that you have chosen. You may choose to convey this rationale in either written, video, or audio presentation format.
- The purpose of this step is to help you begin to build a professional portfolio that you can use throughout your I/O career to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities. You want to make sure that the work you choose to include in this portfolio reflects positively on your professional competence.
- The inclusion of these poster presentations converted from your previous assignments is serving to build your credibility as a competent I/O expert from the potential employer/client point of view.
- Remember, the purpose of this assignment is to showcase your strengths as an I/O professional. If that requires polishing, enhancing, or modifying your three chosen previous assignments, then that is completely acceptable, and encouraged, within the parameters of this assignment.
- Create a Multimedia Presentation
Next, you are to create a presentation that:
- Describes the workplace problem scenario that you have developed for this assignment
- Explains why you are a qualified professional to help improve the workplace problem
- Provides your professional diagnosis regarding the workplace problem
- Describes your proposed intervention plan for the described workplace problem
- Summarizes the theoretical framework that supports your plan
- Explains how you will measure the impact of your intervention and explains the importance of evaluation as a part of any organizational intervention plan
- Describes any ethical, legal, or diversity-related issues with regards to the workplace problem scenario and/or your intervention plan
Your multimedia presentation should be of professional quality for your Microsoft PowerPoint portfolio presentation. Approach this assignment as if you would actually present this to a potential client or future employer.
Your final deliverable will consist of your portfolio that includes your three work-sample posters and your multimedia presentation. Your intended audience for this assignment is either a prospective future client or employer, whichever is more appropriate for your career goals.
You are to utilize a minimum of 9 scholarly references from professional literature in your presentation. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov). Your communication (written, oral, video, or other illustrative media) needs to be developed in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!