Assignment 1: Discussion—Employee Evaluations
Since you will evaluate your employees in about three months, you have some time to plan and strategize. As a preliminary step to making a recommendation to human resources regarding your plans for the upcoming evaluations, discuss your goals for employee performance appraisals. Compare at least two existing approaches to employee evaluations, including actual appraisal systems, and make a recommendation based on scholarly references.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research employee evaluations and performance management systems.
Then, respond to the following:
- How does the organization address cultural differences? Alternatively, how would you recommend these approaches be modified?
- What cultural challenges do you foresee in the use of performance management systems and subsequent communication with employees?
- Make a recommendation regarding which performance management system would be most appropriate in the context of organizational needs.
By Thursday, July 30, 2015, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Monday, August 3, 2015, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
|Initial response was:
|Discussion Response and Participation: