Assessment plays a significant role in the educational setting. Educators may want to assess what students have learned in class, or they may want to find out the extent to which students are able to learn more advance material. A variety of testing instruments are used in all levels of education. In your paper, be sure to address all of the following questions as you explore the use of assessments in the field of education.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper about testing and assessment of adolescents. It is a requirement to answer each of the following questions:
- What is the role of assessment in education?
- What is the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children and when would it be used?
- What are Raven’s Progressive Matrices and when would it be used?
- What are general achievement tests and when would they be used?
- Which tests are best used for adolescents and why?
- What is the Kaufman Assessment Battery and when would it be used?
- What is the Woodcock-Johnson III and when would it be used?
Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.